HOW TO SIGN UP FOR VIRTUAL STAGE RACE
- Indoor trainer (it can be either a smart trainer, or a regular trainer with a power meter).
- Any of the following devices: a computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone.
- Internet connection.
- A bike that is compatible with your indoor trainer.
- Create an account on Zwift: go to https://zwift.com/ and follow the instructions.
- Download Zwift on your computer (PC or Mac). If you prefer, you can download the app on a tablet, Apple TV (4th generation or higher) or on your smartphone.
- Download the Zwift companion app on your smartphone.
- In the companion app tap on “more…” at the bottom right corner. Select find Zwifters and search for Red Peloton | NCNCA and tap “follow.”
- Accept the meetup invitation that corresponds to your category. Read meetup details to find out.
- On race day, join the meetup at least 5 minutes before the official start time.
- If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com
- The rider must join the meetup at least 5 minutes before the start. If a rider is not in the meetup, he/she will not get credit for it.
- The rider must have a power meter, or a smart trainer paired to Zwift. Riders using zpower are not eligible for points or a podium position.
- Riders can sign up racing as individuals or as part of a team.
- Teams must have an in-game jersey that must be worn by every team member (3 or more required to designate a jersey).
- Team jerseys will be assigned to the teams based on availability.
- Individual riders cannot wear a jersey that is being used by a team.
- Men and women fields will race together in categories, but they will have separate leaderboards. Men B/Women A and Men C/Women B
- Signal dropouts and software issues will be treated as a mechanical: if you have an issue but you are able to stay in the event, you can try to bridge to the group; otherwise, it will be considered as a DNF (did not finish)
- ZwiftPower categories will be used for this event. You don’t need a ZwiftPower account (although it is strongly recommended) to participate.
- Men A 3.20 – 4+
- There will be two commissionaires overseeing each race and sanctioning the leaderboards.
- Finish is at the meetup finish banner.
- In-game Time trial bikes are not allowed in events that are not an individual time trial. Conversely, individual time trial events can only be raced in time trial bikes. No compliance will result in disqualification.
- Field limit for each event category is 50 riders total.
- Field must be at least 5 riders per category for cash prizes to be awarded.
- Riders can only compete in one category per day.
Riders must participate in all three events to be considered for the Omnium results.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
- Do I need a Zwift account to race the Virtual Stage Race?
Yes, you need to have an active account on Zwift to be able to race the Virtual Stage Race. You can go to https://zwift.com/ and start your 7 day free trial.
- How do I sign up for the race?
You need to follow Red Peloton | NCNCA on Zwift and wait for the invitation to join the meetup. Make sure you select the appropriate category.
- How do I choose my race category?
These categories are based on the ZwiftPower:
- Men A 3.20 – 4+
- How much is it to sign up for the Virtual Stage Race?
Virtual Stage Race admission is free for the entire series. However, you need to have an active Zwift account to be able to race.
- What Jersey do I use in-game?
You can select any in-game kit of your preference as long as it is not being used by any of the registered teams.
- How do I see the overall standings and podium?
You can check all the podiums by category, overall standings and race videos at http://redpeloton.com/virtualraces/ or in your Zwift activity.
- Are there prizes and how do I get them?
Cash Prizes will be sent via Pay Pal. Contact a race commissaire, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- What happens if a field is smaller than 10 riders?
If a category does not reach the 5 riders minimum, the winner of that category will not be eligible for the cash prize of the day. However, the winner still accumulates points towards the series.
- Can I race multiple categories?
No, each rider can race only one category per day. If after racing the first event, a rider can choose to switch to a different category that best matches their abilities for the following events. A commissaire can also upgrade a rider if their abilities are beyond a category.
- What if I still have other questions?
If you have any other questions, you can email email@example.com